Nothing is as good as your natural tooth!
Saving your natural tooth should always be your first choice when dental care is needed, and is the preferred choice over tooth extraction. Nothing, not even the most advanced bridges and implants, can truly replace your natural tooth.
- If your dentist recommends tooth extraction, ask us if can help save it with a root canal. This endodontic treatment removes the injured pulp (soft inner tissue) of your tooth and fills and seals the space.
- Your tooth is then restored and can function just like any other tooth for the rest of your life, ensuring comfortable chewing and a natural appearance.
- As an Endodontist, Dr. Ganik can often save the most severely injured teeth.
- If your tooth cannot be saved — and some cannot — you may consider replacements such as a bridge or dental implant. Your options may depend upon the condition of surrounding teeth and bone structure.
- Dental implant procedures can be complex, costly and they often require several visits and several month’s healing time before the procedure can be completed.
Do everything possible to save your teeth before considering tooth extraction. Nothing is as good as your natural tooth!
What’s Inside a Tooth? From the outside, a tooth looks like a hard, solid substance. But this cut-away illustration reveals that a tooth is really a complex system of specialized tissues.
* Courtesy of www.aae.org